Connecting for a better future
Our Purpose is to connect for a better future by enabling inclusive and sustainable digital societies. It underpins everything we do as a business, setting the agenda for how we operate globally.
And it’s the combination of technology, social purpose, and human spirit that this purpose brings together that makes Vodafone such a unique place to be part of.
We’ve always been passionate about innovation. We sent the first text, made the UK’s first mobile call, and even brought 3G to the UK. Together, we’re continuing that mission by building an exciting digital future that works for everyone.
How? Here are just some of the bold steps we’re committed to:
- Building super-fast 5G and fixed networks connecting people, communities, and devices to the internet like never before
- Digitising critical sectors to improve essential services, such as healthcare
- Helping small and medium-sized enterprises become more digital
Inclusion for All
We believe in the power of connectivity to change lives. And we recognise we have a responsibility to ensure everyone can benefit from a digital society.
Our work towards this includes:
- everyone connected, our flagship campaign to tackle digital exclusion by providing free mobile connectivity to one million people, a goal we’re proud to have achieved, so we’re now working to reach four million people by the end of 2025
- charities connected, through which we’re helping small grass roots charities across the UK get free connectivity to support their local communities
- Our Inclusion for All strategy, which focuses on overcoming the five key barriers that create the digital divide
From powering our entire business on nothing but renewable electricity, to making sure 100% of our network equipment is reused or recycled, protecting the planet is a key part of our purpose.
Not only have we made some bold commitments for ourselves – like reducing our total global carbon emissions to net zero by 2040 – we’re helping customers reduce their carbon footprint too. We also see how our digital networks and technologies can play a key part in tackling climate change by helping people and businesses saving energy, using natural resources more efficiently and creating a circular economy.