Innovation at scale
Millions of people and businesses are connected through Vodafone’s network, and our teams are the ones who deliver gigafast speed and innovation to our customers. We are among the top five internet providers globally and one of the largest operators of submarine cables. Vodafone was the first company to launch standalone 5G and is providing businesses with their own private networks to power industry 4.0 applications.
We provide a wide range of mobile services, enabling customers to call, text and access data wherever they are. We’re one of the world’s leading mobile communications providers, operating in 26 countries and in partnership with networks in 55 more countries.
This includes broadband, TV offerings and voice. We deliver these services in 182 countries around the world.
We have one of Europe’s leading TV and content platforms with 22 million active users. Our ambition is to become an attractive partner of choice for content providers by having one fully integrated, scaled TV and content platform.
We are rated as an IoT leader and connect more than 89 million devices globally using a range of network technologies; Narrowband IoT, LTE-M and Cellular-Vehicle-To-Everything.
Join our high performing team
Staying at the top requires dedication and talent, which is why we’re always looking for skilled and committed professionals to join us. Vodafone provides a supportive environment; which colleagues often describe as an ‘international family’. You will be able to work with people across the world on state-of-the-art architecture and solutions. Our journey towards becoming a green company is one of the ways in which you can help make a positive impact on the world and our future-focus ensures you’ll always be working on innovative projects.
- You never do the same thing twice – we’re always innovating.
- IoT exposure – e.g. whether that’s agricultural products in Europe or smart homes
- Help colleagues work on solutions that have never been rolled out before
- Get creative with existing tools – change/adapt the old tools to fit the new need(s).
- Have a positive impact on the planet, people and the environment
- Impact millions of people – people rely on our services every day – when we create something, it’s available to millions of people – it’s a big responsibility!
- At Vodafone, you make the difference to the people around you – you’re involved in laying the ground for new digital society
- By connecting people and providing excellent quality coverage, you can help individuals to keep working and maintain relationships – this is one of the ways we help society during the pandemic.
- As a community, we support wellbeing/family etc – we know it’s important for everyone’s lives
- Hybrid working positively impacts home-life – we offer a great opportunity to get the right balance.
- There are lots of ways to grow/learn/collaborate or work internally/learn from other markets
- You’ll be constantly challenged to think outside the box – using what’s available to meet a goal/solve a problem
- Meet a lot of people across wider Vodafone and their suppliers too – we offer great exposure to a wide and diverse range of professionals.
Technology – Bangalore, India
Principal Network Engineer - Data
Technology – At Customer Location, United Kingdom
DC Network Engineer
Technology – Bucuresti, Romania
Senior IP Network Engineer
Technology – Athens, Greece
Fiber Optic Network Engineer
Technology – Praha, Czech Republic
Within Network Engineering at Vodafone, there’s a huge opportunity for growth. You’re encouraged to learn new things as well as figure out new and innovative ways of solving current problems.
If you come and work for Vodafone you make the difference to the people around you – you’re involved in laying the ground for new digital society.
Network Engineering at Vodafone, is a supportive environment with people constantly making the effort to welcome new joiners and make them feel comfortable.
In my 20 year career, there's always been new challenges pushing me out of my comfort zone so my learning never stops.
Planet/environment: in the last few years there’s been a change in momentum in this area – lots of senior support to make improvements/really deliver on this. I joined 3 years ago, and I’ve been able to use tech to deliver innovative energy projects.
Hear from our female Network Employees
We could highlight a few of our successes, we could celebrate some of our people – or we could let them tell you the story in their own words.