Senior Specialist: Strategic Rf Plannin
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 20 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
We have the below vacancy available in our Organisation:
The G band Senior Specialist: Strategic Planning role based within Technology Business Unit.
The Senior Specialist Strategic Planning is responsible for all strategic planning activities within the radio network domain as well as special planning projects and scenarios i.e. Seasonal Peak Traffic planning, Rollout planning, Radio Budget planning, New products and services impact to network modelling etc.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee traffic impact studies to determine the effect of new services on network infrastructure
- Highlevel coordination of all radio network planning from a Capacity and Coverage perspective
- High level coordination of allnetwork planning witha view to linking budget to growth projections and facilitating harmonious expansion of all network elements in a synchronised manner
- Investigations regarding the relationship between revenue and network traffic, with a view towards maximising the profitability of proposed enhancements and upgrades in network infrastructure.
- Compiling and presenting strategy documents with regards to new radio technologies and impacts thereof
The ideal candidate for this role:
Must have technical / professional qualifications
- BTech/BSc degree (NQF 6/7) in Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the Telecommunications industry (essential).
- Knowledge of Statistical Performance Management & Traffic Monitoring in the Telecommunications Industry essential – 5 years
- Mobile network dimensioning experience is essential; 5years
- SQL, script development or other large dataset manipulation method experience an advantage
- Specialist knowledge of dimensioning GSM, UMTSand LTE Access networks
- Good knowledge of dimensioning CS & PS Core
- Operational and strategic knowledge of Radio Planning & Optimisation
- Knowledge VAS, IN Internet Technologies
- Big data and analytics use cases inradio planning environment
The base location for this role is Midrand, Techno Park
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion and is committed to support LGBT+ people at work.
If you do not hear from us within 30 days please deem your application to be unsuccessful.
Role description: The chosen candidate will be responsible for administering and maintaining various systems that are used within the Technology and Networks departments. These systems include netw
Level 3 Field Technician Non-Youth Apprentice Unified Communications Technician (Advanced Apprenticeship) Locations include Bracknell & High Wycombe areas Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what w
Bist Du bereit für eine Zukunft, die so aufregend sein wird wie nie? Bist Du bereit für eine Welt voller neuer, digitaler Möglichkeiten? Bereit für Vodafone? Dann verbinde Dein Können mit besten Aussi
Your day to day: · To satisfy local and global marketing requirements in the area of Value Added Services. · To define, design and implement innovative solutions in the area of Value Added Service
"Tech lead: Enterprise Digitial , Cloud, SAAS , Sales Force, & Sales Applica tion. (Telecom BSS) Niche Skill - Digitial , Cloud, SAAS , Sales Force, & Sale s Application. - Provide technical leadershi
Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow!We are looking for aFixed Core Network Expertfor our Technology Department! #VodafonelifeAt Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and
Delivery Coordinator – Fixed Services Newbury As a Delivery Coordinator you will be responsible for delivering the best possible service experience that exceeds expectations throughout the order deli
"Call handling and management Responding to emails Working on remedy tickets in predefined SLA's Escalation management Notification and Communication to re lavent stakeholders Followup to all interfac
Role Title: Technical Architect - Pega Location: Newbury As a bold global technology leader, our products and services touch the lives of millions, as well as lending a huge helping hand to some o
A front-end web developer is responsible for implementing visual and interactiveelements that users engage with through their web browser when using a web application. Experience (1-4) years
Support analyst: To support oracle hyperion lanndscape and ensure smooth technical operation of vodafone integrated planning application landscape .L2/L3 support of technical issues comprising of dat