If you love working with people and are just itching to get apply your skills in a new environment, our HR team could be just the thing you’re looking for.
As a Performance Management & Talent Development Senior Specialist you will…
The Performance Management & Talent Development Senior Specialist assumes responsibility for the development and execution of the Talent Strategy. The role champions Vodafone Qatar’s overall efforts to attract, train, and keep the best employees, with a specific focus on Qatarisation to ensure the organisation supports the Qatar National 2030 Vision by attracting, developing and retaining Qatari talent most effectively.
The key effort of the role is on designing and implementing programs for performance management, leadership development, employee assessment, nationalisation and succession planning. The Senior Specialist works closely with senior leadership teams across the organisation to identify development needs and create strategic solutions for improving skills across the entire organization.
What kind of tasks will you have?
• Ensure an ongoing process exists which continuously enhances the knowledge and capability of key talent in order to enable these leaders to effectively lead the organization toward achievement of strategic initiatives.
• Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments as appropriate using a variety of tools.
• Support line managers and staff in the creation of robust development plans that meet succession and development needs.
• Develop and administer a process which focuses on building bench strength to meet current and future business needs.
• Serve as a resource to recruiting and organisational effectiveness in the identification of candidates for critical roles.
• Implement, manage and maintain the end-to-end annual performance review process that focuses employee's efforts on the achievement of business goals and attainment of requisite skills/ competencies to sustain profitable growth.
• Support Line Managers in creating bespoke personal development and performance improvement plans for employees and manage the follow-ups and implementations.
• Implement and monitor the Qatarization Development Roadmap, in line with HR and business strategies.
• Develop and implement communication plans for Nationalization and advocate and promote Nationalization initiatives across the business.
Training and Development
• Participate in development of company-wide or individual learning initiatives that cost effectively focus employee development towards achievement of both business and personal career goals.
• Participate in conducting training needs assessments, recommending and implementing programs to support key skill areas.
• Evaluate and maintain leadership and technical competency models that facilitate the assessment of employees versus these competencies. Design development programs and individual development plans based on these competency evaluations.
• Form collaborative relationships within the business in order to execute talent strategies and efforts to support the growth and strategic objectives of the company.
• Research latest development in management, leadership and organization development areas and keep abreast to serve as a subject matter expert and consult to the organization regarding critical people issues.
• Contribute at both strategic and operational levels in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims while also providing a customer-focused HR service.
• Participate in identification, design and implementation of strategic HR projects.
Apply if you have:
• Bachelor or post-graduate qualifications in Human Resources or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in HR with 3+ years of direct experience in delivering best practice talent development and performance management initiatives, ideally within large, complex organizations.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of HR including recruitment, learning & development, compensation & benefits, rewards & services.
• Strong business acumen and ability to translate business strategy into organization development plans.
• Experience in succession planning, workforce planning initiatives and conducting gap analysis.
• Experience in developing core competencies and implementing a competency-based performance appraisal system.
• Experience as Training Facilitator facilitating a variety of topics a plus.
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented with positive influential interpersonal skills.
• Mature, talented to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment; able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Detail- and result-oriented with a "hands-on" approach and analytical mind-set. Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and evaluate complex data; create and modify complex spreadsheets and databases.
• Strong active listening and excellent written and verbal communications skills coupled with a high level of integrity and ability to think outside the box.
• Thrive in a team environment; proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships to ensure excellent stakeholder management; able to work independently.
• Skilled to develop, implement, and interpret policies, procedures, and processes and evaluate their effectiveness.
• Intermediate/advanced computer skills necessary with adaptability to new programs; proficient data entry, Internet and MS Office skills required.
Sounds like the corporate function you’d like collaborate with?
At Vodafone we’re always moving, always growing and adapting. It’s this attitude and approach that has allowed us to build a continuous culture of development – ensuring we’re always streets ahead of our competitors and continue to attract and secure the best talent around.
What makes our Vodafone Qatar a great place to work? It’s simple really. We challenge the business to move forward, and in return can offer you no shortage of exciting projects designed to reassure growth and success. Hard work is valued and rewarded with us and we can offer you a world of opportunities for future development, and a culture that makes you truly proud to work here.
Commitment from Vodafone
What is the key to our success? – our people. Across a Global footprint, we believe we’re at our best when you’re at yours. From our diverse workforce, to our creative work spaces, we embrace a culture of learning and sharing to develop our next stage growth. It’s in our hearts to push forward, to build a better future, to never rest and find new ways that help people communicate
We are committed to developing the very best people by motivating and inclusive work environment in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We respect, value and celebrate our people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. Our excellent benefits programme allows you to choose what’s right for you. We adopt empowering our people to shape their world.