Oss Operations Specialist
OSS Operations Specialist
Location – Newbury
£ Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
As part of the OSS Operations Team, ensure the availability of the OSS services, including reactive and proactive activities. You will be responsible for supporting world class OSS Solutions for network rollout, performance, optimisation and analytics. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in Networks OSS Cluster – Network Support, Readiness & Fulfilment, Mobile Commerce / Media / Analytics; or your responsibilities will be to support and administer the IP & Data Network Management Systems; which in most cases includes the server hardware, operating system and the applications. Onsite Customer facing may also be required.
What will you be doing?
- As part of the OSS Operations team, improve service and customer focus and ensure that relevant parties are kept informed throughout any engagement. Own support of the IP&D OSS applications; manage the resolution of fault tickets and the progress of general administration duties as required. Pass to 4th line support where required.
- Carry out the resolution of fault tickets and application administration where required on the IP&D OSS estate. Work with other IT teams to develop standard fixes for use by 1st line support and front line colleagues to reduce volume of tickets into 2nd line and IT support as a whole.
- Proactively manage the applications supported to increase the reliability and quality of the services delivered, including reducing fault volumes, impact and MTTR.
- Create/Review & Modify documentation within the documentation library to comply with relevant standards.
- Work with the development team(s), reviewing and making recommendations for IT system improvements. Management of licence compliance, IT system security, patching and capacity management to comply with relevant standards.
What experience are Vodafone looking for?
- Experience with supporting (from 2nd line to 3rd line level) IPD OSS applications.
- Experience working with developers/vendors implementing fixes or improvements to IPD OSS.
- Experience of delivering against performance targets
- Ability to explain complex issues in simple, customer-centric language
- History of delivery in Telecoms
- Exposure to ITIL methodologies
Specific knowledge or qualification of the following IBM Tivoli Netcool, VMware SMARTS, Infovista (Foundation 4),IP-VPN Encrypt. Secure Connectivity ie PSN Connect
Desirable – ITILv4
What’s in it for you?
Technology is at the heart of everything we do at Vodafone. This role presents a fantastic opportunity for someone to join a growing but extremely important area of our business. We’re looking for the very best people to join us. People who share our passion, pioneering spirit and our focus on customer obsession. If that sounds like you this is your chance to take your career in telecommunications further.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Job Title: Mobile Services Senior Engineer Business Area: Vodafone Secure Sector Location: Farnborough Successful candidates must be able to obtain and maintain DV level security clearance About Voda
"Functional - Consultant - Manage a small group of functional consultantsa nd ensure service delivery as per the committed expectations - Manage Integrat i on with peripheral systems around thecore ER
Africa, Middle East & Asia Pacific
The purpose of the role is to Understand, anticipate and influence customer demand for Monitoring, Automation and reporting services. The candidate will be responsible of Business customers demands
Role Title: Solution Architect (f-m) Location: Düsseldorf Germany At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer e
Field Engineer – Mobile & Fixed Telecommunication Permanent – Field BasedSouth Wales & Swindon Region Looking to cross skill? Become one of our Field based engineers that can deliver best in class Fi
The person will be responsible for Integration, Transition/Transformation and Operations of new Security Services. He/She would also be mentoring, coaching and guiding the Operational teams to perform
Must Have: Demonstrable experience in commercial product development Extensive experience in Java EE programmingand good knowledge of Java design patterns Knowledge of OSGI, Groovy and Grails program
Africa, Middle East & Asia Pacific
Software developer for content management system working in agile model to deliver Drupal based projects where employees will be trained on the necessary tools & frameworkto be able to build professio
. Technology is a playground for ideas!Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life.If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job,Meet us, Join us, Grow with
Responsible for supporting the environments Responsible for support reporting and metrics for deployment andrelease management Responsible for deploying and managing the changes in the environ
"Create rough sketches of the interface (lo-fi) Create (lo-fi/hi-fi) wireframes for web or mobile on any UX design sw Conduct Interviews, Card Sorting, create IA, and other UX artifacts Upload final f