IT Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity
Role: Resilience Specialist – Business Continuity - 252266
Location: Newbury HQ
Salary: £Competitive + bonus and benefits
As part of the IT Risk and Business Continuity Management team, you will be responsible for operating the UK IT Resilience Framework. Your remit will include working with our internal and external service providers on the design, implementation and testing of systems resilience and Geographic DR capability for new critical applications and overseeing the schedule of regular testing for the existing applications in line with Group Policies. You will also play a key role in progressing our ‘Always On’ IT strategy.
You will be required to:
- Lead the IT Resilience Framework that enables UK IT to respond to significant incidents and deploy disaster recovery / failover when necessary.
- Oversee the planning and execution of periodic end-to-end resilience / failover / Disaster Recovery (DR) testing.
- Provide consultation and where necessary ‘hands-on’ support for the development of team level Business Continuity documentation and systems level Recovery documentation (including planning and reporting/recording test outcomes).
- Maintain the UK IT system resilience profile repository through collaboration with system owners and third parties.
- Maintain the systems resilience / failover test strategy aligned to internal SLAs, industry standards and compliance requirements.
- Support the UK IT ‘Always On’ strategy by providing authoritative IT Resilience input on the IT systems resilience capabilities required to support the business and deliver validation of active:active environments without impact to our customers.
- Proven industry experience in defining systems resilience / DR.
- requirements where platform failure has huge ramifications; such as Telco, Financial, Utility or Aviation industry.
- Experience of systems resilience / DR in Enterprise class multiple Data Centre configurations.
- Proven experience of mapping IT systems to business process / data flows and key customer journeys.
- Experience of defining IT test standards / strategies, implementing test frameworks and facilitating testing.
- Experience of working to ISO 22301:2012 and Technology Risk Management processes.
- Excellent Stakeholder Management - Building effective working relationships across management and technical layers.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills; able to inform, challenge, negotiate and influence both verbally and in writing, at all layers of reporting / management.
What’s in it for you?
In this dynamic, fast paced team you will be working on leading edge technologies in a constantly evolving environment. You will play a key part in the continued improvement of IT Resilience here at Vodafone and be part of a huge multi-million project.
Love to travel? 28 days holiday (option to buy or sell 5!) plus leading travel brand discounts.
Planning for the Future? Get a head start with our fantastic contribution matching pension scheme or our award winning maternity policy.
Are charities close to your heart? 3 paid leave days for charity projects of your choice and matched fundraising.
Looking to Learn? Develop a career on your terms with the Vodafone University.
Love to Shop? Enjoy discounts with the UK’s best-known brands, restaurants and days out with the family.
What about your phone? Great discounts available for you, your family and your friends!
If this sounds of interest, then apply today!!
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
This experienced developer will develop, configur e and test configurations and software for loading source files into a 3rd normal form data model using a dedicated framework of AbInitio MDWP and in
Data Engineer Location - NewburyThis is a Permanent and Full time opportunity Salary - £40,000 to £50,000 DOE An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Data Engineer and Automation Specialist to j
Field Technician Field based – North East London Are you ready to join our Field Engineering team? In this role you will play an integral part of the team, installing and commissioning and decommissi
The Network Security Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance, upgrade, management and integration of security infrastructure. This individual will also be responsible for administration a
Job title: Big Data Engineer Location: Newbury Your Role The Big Data Engineer provides expert guidance and delivers through self and others to source and integrate structured and unstructured data
Exp - 3-4 Years Good Knowledge on Big Data and Hadoop Testing with telecom domain Good Communication. Verbel and written. Adherance to processes and matrix Agile- Scrum / Kanban, Functional system tes
Role Title: Cloud Platform Engineer Location: Newbury At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence
Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow! We are looking for a Senior BI Developer for our Technology Team! #Vodafonelife At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build
Prague 5, Prague
Here at Vodafone, we connect everybody to live a better today, and build a better tomorrow. That could be providing superfast network speeds to smartphones, providing unified communications’ through f
•End to End Management of network problems seeking to have a clear root cause and solid preventive actions plans. •Tracking and Reporting the repeated incidents/ potential network alarms and own all
Role purpose: To operate and provide a second line support service to Enterprise service platform on the application level to meet the expected availability and performance KeyAccountabilities