Database & Web Applications Developer
INTERNAL ROLE TITLE: Database & Web Applications Developer
REPORTS TO: Ben Johnston
FUNCTION: Commercial Operations
LOCATION: Manchester, Glasgow
As Database & Web Applications Developer you will be developing and analysing the Service Level Measurement tools to enhance and manage operational and customer service performance. You must also have the ability to take a concept and build from the ground up.
- Will scope, design and build new and improvements to system capability, continually driving improvements and efficiency through their technical capability.
- Own and maintain the Service Level Management tools, to ensure reliable and efficient performance of our systems for end users.
- Develop and model rules and business logic in line with operational specific measures
- Understand all aspects of operational requirements, related to Service Levels, Key Performance Indicators and other measures.
- Interpret, discuss and agree reporting requirements at senior level.
- Work alongside Operational teams to interrogate, explain and understand available source data.
- Understand, to an intermediate level, the applications used by Operational Teams.
- Understand, to an expert level, the Business Objects application, for extraction of data.
- Negotiate and agree deliverables from Operations teams relating to data presentation layers.
- Compile metric requirements into logic requirements for automation of data capture and mathematical processes.
- Using various programming languages, gather, compile, display and report the requirements, against agreed deliverables
- Provide expert level advice, guidance and practical input for complex reporting requirements.
- Liaise with all levels of Management for questions related to report content.
- Manually compile 'fast track' interim reports to meet urgent requirements.
- Own and manage the portfolio of measures.
- Interact with all levels of staff, providing advice and guidance based on expertise and experience.
- Experience in building robust business applications.
- Mandatory skills and experience
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Applications
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to prioritise workload and work effectively
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Team player
- ASP.NET (C# or VB)- Mandatory
- Ability to write complex SQL queries on SQL Server and or Oracle – Mandatory
- Working with REST APIs and JSON
- Excellent understanding of Oracle Databases
- Sound knowledge of Business Objects and Teradata
Please note that all candidates internal and external will be subject to baseline security checks and we reserve the right to terminate employment for anyone that does not meet our minimum vetting requirements.
Please advise if you require any alterations or adjustments to support you through our recruitment process. If so please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org