Data Scientist - Internet of Things
The V by Vodafone team was created just 2 years ago to pioneer a new way of connecting our 500 million customers globally to the world of Internet of Things.
We’re a team of fearless, restless visionaries in a completely new technology, on a mission to create world-changing products that connect people to their homes, their smart devices, and the things they love. Using our smart V SIM card, innate objects can now be controlled and monitored from anywhere at anytime, giving people the opportunity to do things they have never done before, offering freedom, security and control on a new level.
We have already launched 15 products in 7 markets internationally …and we just can’t stop!
We are seeking like-minded intrepid explorers to join us. People that aren’t afraid to take risks. The daring ones, the trailblazers, the pioneers!
The future fuel for the IT industry and especially IoT is data. As the Data Scientist in the team, you will be responsible for refining and distilling the insights out of the data to drive continuous improvements of our portfolio. You’ll work in close collaboration with our product, sales, leadership, technology and marketing teams with insights gained from analysing data from across the organisation, and then working together to find innovative opportunities for product and process optimization.
To really succeed and thrive in this role, it’s essential to have a true passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes. You will work and share your experience with a dedicated team of data scientists and data engineers across multiple locations. Together with other technology teams you will define the future of analytics by introducing and applying capabilities like machine learning, artificial intelligence as well as moving towards cloud native analytics solutions.
- Mine and analyse data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyse model performance and data accuracy.
- Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Skills in working with both local and remote stakeholders; skilled in working in multi-national and mulit-locations
- Solid experience and expertise across data integration and data management
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Experience using statistical computer languages to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with visualisation tools and several years of hands on expertise with Data Mining, Machine Learning & AI technologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in quantitative fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Social Sciences, Data Journalism, or related fields
- Strong communication / stakeholder management
- Hands on programming experience with statistical languages e.g. R, Python
- Hands on experience in data visualisation (Tableau or similar)
- Applied Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Professional experience and knowledge of Internet and/or Telco industries
- Dedicated support and mentoring
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life balance. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career, and achieve your full potential.
- Annual company bonus
- 28 day’s holiday
- Contributory company pension scheme
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent benefits programme that you would expect from any global company. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the application process and get to know us better here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/consumer-internet-of-things
Read more stories here: https://careers.vodafone.co.uk/posts
For any technical difficulties with submitting your application, please contact email@example.com
The future is exciting. Ready?
We are seeking a Network Optimization Expert with the will and ambition to work in high performing Vodafone Team responsible for Leading Digital Transformation in Turkey, reporting to Network Optimiz
Tihei mauri ora! Tēnā koutou katoa. Behold, there is life! Acknowledgement to all. This exciting opportunity sits within our Security Practice which is on the cutting edge of technology and changing
The purpose of this role is to take over all activities of a colleague who will leave the company. The new employee would need to do the application administration and maintenance , end to end operati
Technology is a playground for ideas! Vodafone Shared Services Romania is the place to make them come to life. If you want to invest more in a career rather than just a job, Meet us, Join us, Grow wi
Be a member of a fast growing international organization! Vodafone Shared Services Europe is part of the Vodafone Group and operates in two EU countries as a commercial HUB for Vodafone activities all
Role Title: Sales Enablement Manager Location: Newbury/Paddington Baird House Vodafone Group Business partners with large multi-national organisations to find better ways of working through our tot
Bist Du bereit für eine Zukunft, die dank neuer, digitaler Technologien so aufregend sein wird wie nie? Bist Du bereit für eine Welt voller Möglichkeiten? Bist Du bereit für Vodafone? Dann verbinde De
Africa, Middle East & Asia Pacific
Role purpose: to design packet switching network services and solutions through liaising with different business domains to capture business requirements and customer’s needs, the role include lea
Join Vodafone Hungary and build a better tomorrow! We are looking for a QA Engineer for our Technology Team! #Vodafonelife At Vodafone we connect everybody to live a better today and build a bette
Senior SME: Telecom Application Integration support - SME level support in monitoring and troubleshooting Application Integration. Technical Expertise & Hands on knowledge in Webmethods, Oracle DB, Li