Commercial Manager Pricing
Vodacom is a Leading African Mobile communication company providing wider range of communication services including mobile voice, messaging, data and converged services to over 73.6 million customers. From our roots in South Africa, we have grown our mobile network business to include operations in Tanzania, DRC, Mozambique and Lesotho. The mobile networks cover a total population of approximately 200 million people. Through Vodacom Business Africa (VBA) we also offer business managed services to enterprises in over 40 countries across the continent. Vodafone is the majority shareholder of Vodacom and has a 65% share.
We’re at our best when we lead and over the past 25 years, as the Company that pioneered mobile in South Africa, Vodacom has achieved a remarkable list of firsts. We’re immensely proud to be a leader in our field and are 100% committed to continue trailblazing.
We employ individuals who are as passionate about customers as we are. We are truly Customer Obsessed which means that we are passionate about exceeding customer expectations; work relentlessly to really understand the customer; look at decisions through the customer’s eyes and take personal accountability for the customer experience.
The G Band Commercial Manager: Pricing role is based within the Enterprise Business Unit
The role of the Commercial Manager: Pricing is to lead a team and activities related to the structuring and managing of pricing and commercial negotiations for complex, managed service and connectivity opportunities in a timely manner whilst creating new and innovative commercial propositions by ensuring customer needs are addressed as well as Vodacom’s key financial requirements considered.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The development of Vodacom South Africa Pricing Strategy, based on a keen understanding of the company’s capabilities, positioning and market dynamics.
- The development of standardised pricing models, processes and assumptions to deliver on profitability targets, whilst enabling the sales teams to compete effectively in the market.
- Oversee a team of analysts responsible for delivery of successful commercial bid propositions on a timely basis.
- The development of practical commercial solutions, and guide pricing analysts in doing so, in collaboration with sales, bid management, service and finance to meet customer requirements.
- Swift analysis of information and articulation of the results to key stakeholders.
- Ownership of process documentation and communication of, as well as ensuring best practice is applied to pricing methodologies and operations.
- Establish and nurture strong relationships, and close integration, with the regional Sales, Service and Finance teams through regular attendance and updates at their respective team meetings, in order to ensure that pricing processes and outputs are serving the business.
- MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point
- Thorough understanding of financial decision support models and methods
- Thorough understanding of pricing methodologies and impact pricing decisions have on profitability
- Understanding of transfer pricing and international tax regulations
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
Job Related Skills:
- Proven track record of developing pricing and profitability analysis models
- Proven track record of developing commercial& pricing strategies
- Proven experience in customer facing environment, with ability to clearly articulate commercial impacts of actions and decisions
- Strong analytical analytical decision making skills, including the ability to balance conflicting interests and make decisions based on incomplete or unreliable information
- Ability to establish networks with individuals in all functions and to influence and coach stakeholders with logical, rationale analysis and clear explanations
- Proven self-starter, able to work and reprioritise within a changing environment and cope with ambiguity.
- Able to plan and prioritise work and time to meet changing requirements and short timescales
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Vodacom is committed to an organisational culture that recognises, appreciates and values diversity & inclusion.
Role Title Tax and Financial Analyst VIL Location: Luxembourg At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer exce
London, Greater London
Role Title: Senior Internal Auditor (Cyber Security) Location: London Paddington Vodafone’s purpose is ‘We connect for a better future’ and we want to bring everyone along on our positive journey. At
"Manage Day to day productions, Manage escalations § Main customers: - Suppliers - Carrier buying team - Channel fina nce teams - ERP Team Operating with Technical and Contractual understanding '- Ef
Finance Analyst Newbury H band As Finance Analyst this role supports Corporate Functions and Property within the UK business, focussing on forecasting, month end reporting, and in-depth analysis of o
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can gain real work experience in a diverse, multinational environment, Vodafone Shared Services Budapest is waiting for you. Are you ready to grow with
Would you like to be a member of a fast growing organization?In Vodafone Shared Services Budapest, we maximize value with everything we do, from Operational Excellence to Next Generation Services.We o
Would you like to be a member of a fast growing organization? In Vodafone Shared Services Budapest, we maximize value with everything we do, from Operational Excellence to Next Generation Services.We
At Vodafone Group we build connections to all our Global operations, acting as an advisory board to drive consistency and customer excellence across 30 countries and for over 420 million customers. We
Managing the corporate Tax complianceManaging IND AS and Tax AccountingManaging the Corporate Tax and other Local market stakeholders Accountable for delivering all the corporate Tax compliancesAcco
"- Identifying and plugging revenue leakages in relevant revenue stream -Manage operational escalations - Prevention of under/over charging to end customers -Responsible for seamless service delivery
" -Intercompany processing • Account for and removal of capitalisation • Ensure communication for accounting of credit note post capitalisation -Asset Master Data Maintenance • Produce monthly lead sc