Business Assistant VGE Ireland
Who you are:
You can provide support to the Head VGE (Vodafone Global Enterprise) Ireland and team with the support necessary to fulfil the full range of responsibilities of the role, such as matters relating to the Northern Europe Leadership team, Ireland Enterprise Leadership team and the wider organisation.
You will provide administrative support to Head and to Direct Reports and ensure that all Secretarial/Administrative/Support requirements are met.
You support the above to perform their responsibilities in an organised, effective and efficient manner, consistent with the operating practices of the business, the requirements of their roles and in doing so provides support to the relevant team within the organisation.
Your next challenge:
• You will work closely with the Head, DR’s and team to prioritise time, ensuring sufficient focus on key business issues and objectives.
• As the Business Assistant to the VGE Ireland team through the provision of comprehensive administrative and Logistical support:
o Co-ordinated weekly update reports from team.
o Manage and co-ordinate team meetings, capturing minutes and follow up on actions.
o Timely co-ordination and booking of travel and accommodation activities for Head of VGE Ireland. Book all business trips in a sophisticated and cost conscious way
o Screening phone calls, enquiries and requests. Monitoring them and seeing them through to conclusion.
o Organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments; extensive diary management including governance of calendar.
o Co-ordinate event attendees lists for Vodafone events, co-originating required BIO’s and follow up of RSVP’s.
o Carrying out ad-hoc background research and presenting findings.
o Producing documents and briefing papers.
o Organising and ensuring the Head is prepared for meetings.
o Provide document productions support including PowerPoint and Word.
o Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
o Professional handling of phone, email and postal queries.
o Build and develop internal and external network of contacts to build knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify priorities.
o Liaise and work with Executive Assistants within the wider Northern Europe VGE team, local Enterprise team and the entire Vodafone network.
o Ability to work independently while being enthusiastic and changing direction in response to a fluctuating work environment and ambiguous situations.
o Willingness and desire to learn.
o Ability to maintain utmost confidentiality.
o “Eyes and Ears” on behalf of the Head to feedback any constructive or negative information. This includes being the “go to” person who people feel comfortable approaching rather than going directly to the Head.
o Available for emergencies that arise outside office hours especially while Head is travelling.
• Lead and accountable for all logistical activities cross functionally to ensure the successful nature of any Group visitors that the Heads may have. Activities to lead include; Security, Logistics, Catering, Technology among other requirements.
• Responsibility for accounts, Head’s expenses and Purchasing Card reconciliations.
• Coordination of all engagement team activities and budget approval
• Arrangement of Team off sites from start to finish including budget, venue, activities,
• presentations etc.
• Full management of Team meetings, agenda, documents.
• Meeting Room bookings
• Monitoring non-employment Opex costs within BU to ensure cost effectiveness.